Wednesday, May 4, 2016

#WashDayExperience: Summer Hair Prep

#washdayexperience


Hey, 

So in addition to my Monday and Friday 5pm regular postings, every Wednesday I will link up with fellow healthy hair care bloggers for the #WashDayExperience. Every week they have a new theme. Today's theme is Summer Hair Prep, and how I will revive my hair for the summer and which styles I'll try. 
  • Well lately, my go-to has been the braid-out. I love the braid-out because I can wear it as a style on its own or style the braidout itself. I bought Lok & Blok (review coming up soon!) to preserve the style this summer. Last summer, my hair was so unmanageable. It is difficult for me to style my hair and keep it styled doing the summer. Humidity ruins my hair! It makes it into a dry, frizzy mess. 
  •  The winter is SO much easier for my hair. I only have to spray my hair with Lottabody/water mix and my curl is set until the next wash day. My hair stays moisturized easier in the winter, too. I do not have to LOC at all. 
  • During the summer, I have to LOC and then use the Lok & Blok to keep my hair moisturized and relatively frizz free. This summer, the Lok & Blok will definitely be my life safer. Addition to LOC and the Lok & Blok, I will make sure I am consistent in my weekly deep conditioning sessions. At the moment, I'm going through a few to find a staple. There will be product reviews galore this summer.   

How I've Been Wearing My Hair:
  


In the coming weeks, there will be posts about how I style and preserve my low manipulation hair styles. Moreover, starting in June, I will showcase 30 natural hair hairstyles. My goal this summer is to make me more adventurous when it comes to styling my hair. I have searched the net and found several hairstyles that I will attempt to recreate on my natural hair. 
Here are some ideas I've found: 
Found on Google Images

Found on Google Images

Found on Google Images

Next week's #WashDayExperience's theme is Hair Color & Care. Luckily we do not need to keep with the theme, because I do not color my hair.
See you Friday at 5pm EST for HAIR REGIME FOR DUMMIES part 2!
The Wash Day Experience


1 comment:

  1. I stink at braidouts! I can't want to read about your technique and tips. Thanks for joining the #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete