Monday, August 1, 2016

Rapunzel's Consultant's 6 Month Protective Style Challenge!


I am hell bent on retaining 8 inches by December 2017 so that my hair can be tailbone length. Therefore, although I've utilized low manipulation styles all of the year, for the next six months I will be in protective styles.
I would love anyone to join me on this challenge.
The protective styles I will utilize are buns and braids (pigtails or crown braid). Although I personally do not wear weaves or wigs, those are great long term protective styles for anyone interested in participating.
At the minimum, I would love participants to deep condition once a week and use a protein treatment once a month. I deep condition once a week and use a protein treatment once a week too. I have not posted in a while because I've been gathering information for an in-depth post about protein and hair care. Although my hair is natural (no dyes or relaxers) and I only use heat once a year to once every two years, I have to use protein treatments frequently due to my vegetarian diet. My protein post will go into detail about the different protein types in hair products and how protein in your diet affect your hair growth.
My goals for this challenge is for less breakage and split ends, thicker ends, and increased length retention. I hope by the end of this challenge I am officially waist length. Because I wear my hair curly, it is difficult to ascertain how long my hair exactly is. However, I've been using the pull down method where you just pull down on the bulk of your hair and see where it rests on your body. It is difficult to tell from the back. My hair seems to lay the same in the back, although with shrinkage who really knows. However, my hair certainly grew longer in the front.
The photo is from last November. Anyway, my hair on the side is halfway to the edge of my boob while the hair in the front just passes my nipples (TMI I know but hey we all know female anatomy).

The black line is my hair in the back now (when I use the pull down method) and the purple line is my goal (I think that's waist length).
The red line is my end goal for December 2017, which is tailbone length.


I really hope I achieve these lengths and I believe by being consistent with the rules in this challenge I will. In addition to the rules, I will make sure to consume 40-50 grams of protein a day, I will take a hair vitamin, and I will drink 50 oz of water a day. In three months (November 15th), I will make an updated post to talk about my progress.

I will have another post to show my length with my actual hair instead of these above illustrations lol.

Happy growing everyone and I hope others will follow me on this challenge!

1 comment:

  1. Wow your hair is long and beautiful. I can't wait to see your six month update!

    ReplyDelete