Sunday, July 17, 2016

Sweet T's Beauty: Product Line Review


I bought these products with my own money and I've used each product at least a couple times each in order to give an effective review.


Products:

  • Peppermint Rose Hydrating Shampoo 
  • Organic Peppermint Rose Hair Hydration Conditioner  
  • Bananas and Cream Deep Conditioner 
  • Blueberry Mist 


The Wash

  • I applied the shampoo to my scalp and massaged for a few minutes before rinsing with warm water. Warm water opens the cuticles, allowing for hair to be cleansed. Although I only apply the shampoo to my scalp, the shampoo still covers my hair when the hair is under the water. 
  •  After I rinse out the shampoo with warm water, I apply a reconstructor (Aphogee 2 Minute). This is because this was my protein wash day (I wash my hair 2x a week and one of those times I use Aphogee 2 Minute).  
  • I rinse out the reconstructor with warm water after a few minutes and then apply the Sweet T's deep conditioner. I liberally apply the deep conditioner, braid the section, and then put on a plastic cap and wait 30 minutes.  
  • After 30 minutes, I apply the conditioner and then rinse out both the conditioner and deep conditioner with cold water to seal the cuticle.   
  • Then I apply the leave-in, which I keep refrigerated, and braid my hair. The refrigerated leave-in treatment is cold enough to seal the cuticle, which minimizes frizz and keeps the porosity in check (high porosity has open cuticles which allows for moisture to escape the hair shaft quickly). 


*I only did one section for the video, but after completing that section I did wash the rest of my hair the same as I had washed that first section.

The Review  
    I love these products! A little goes a long way for both the conditioner, shampoo, and leave-in spray. It is important for me that a little goes a long way because my hair is 21 inches and I am not finished with my hair growth journey. My end goal is 29 inches so a product that I can keep for months is cost-effective for me. I have had the deep conditioner and the leave-in spray since I first bought from Sweet T's Beauty at a local August Wilson event on April 30, 2016. I finished the deep conditioner with this wash day, and my leave-in spray is not half way finished yet. It is only about 40% finished. I am quite pleased with how long these products last.
  I am equally pleased with the performance. Both the shampoo and conditioner was highly moisturizing. My hair did not feel dry at all with the shampoo! Although my hair felt clean, it did not feel strippedThe conditioner had slip which aided me in the detangling process. My roots are usually unruly and more tangled than the rest of my hair. My fingers were able to glide through my roots with ease because of the conditioner and it also laid my roots down.
  The deep conditioner proved to be moisture and protein balanced because my hair felt both hydrated and strengthened after each use. Our hair needs to be moisture/protein balanced in order to prevent breakage, so therefore this product minimizes breakage and promotes length retention. Although I did use a reconstructor in this video, the results are the same without one: hydrated and strong hair that withstands breakage.
An important note is that due to the peppermint in the shampoo and conditioner, make sure to avoid your eyes when you are applying both and rinsing both out.
   Lastly, the leave-in is my Holy Grail Hair Product because it seals my cuticles, reduces frizz, keeps my hair hydrated, lasts forever, and has blueberry extract which promotes hair growth.

According to Curls Understood, "Aside from tasting fantastic, blueberries stimulate hair growth because they contain proanthocyanidins – a plant chemical. Proanthocyanidins are a class of polyphenols found in a variety of plants. This chemical interacts with hair follicles to accelerate growth. Blueberries are also packed with antioxidants and vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E. Vitamin B complex is particularly good for growing our curls. Blueberries aid hair growth by improving oxygenation and circulation of blood in the body, particularly the scalp.
Beauty practitioners also endorse blueberries for the thick and healthy locks. It’s also been proven as a food that helps to slow down the process of hair aging. No grey hairs here!"

It is great that this superfood is incorporated in every part of Sweet T's Beauty product line and why this line is a surefire staple for any naturalista.
To purchase, you can check out her Facebook and her website, which is currently under construction.

I was using Blueberry Mist as a leave-in conditioner for these two photoshoots:



Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment